Supervisor, Mechanical Engineering
|Location:||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Salary Range:||95K+ DOE|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:||Prince, Perelson & Associates|
|Description:||Seeking a strong leader for the Mechanical Engineering Department to provide quick-turn technical and application solutions to support company needs. This position is also responsible for ensuring and continuously improving the mechanical performance of existing internal quality standards. |
1. Manages the sustaining mechanical engineering activities and designs of existing tools.
2. Provides technical support to sales, manufacturing and customer service regarding product and service applications, support and complaint resolution.
3. Ensures that the design of all mechanical engineered products adheres to the highest standards of quality and reliability within industry, company and customer guidelines and requirements.
4. Improves department processes through on the job application and leverage of best practices from the industry, participation in professional and industry trade organizations, reviewing product development papers/literature and attending appropriate seminars and workshops.
5. Maintains schedule of project completion dates and adjusts resources as necessary to ensure projects are completed on or before scheduled completion date. When necessary, reallocates resources to meet scheduled completion dates. Communicates progress and status to management on a periodic basis and when requested.
6. Develops technical and leadership expertise within the team to create a center of engineering support excellence.
7. Selects, evaluates, develops and leads employees to ensure a qualified work force necessary to meet company objectives while complying with EEO and Affirmative Action guidelines. Conducts performance reviews according to schedule, providing fair and accurate assessment of employee performance, training needs, areas for improvement and possibility of future growth within the organization.
8. Actively supports the Corporate HSE initiative by holding HSE meetings in accordance with Corporate HSE Plan. Develops safe work environment and promotes the use of personal protective equipment and safe work habits for employees. Participates in emergency drills, training, inspections, and incident investigations. Reports incidents and initiates corrective action when necessary. Ensures housekeeping standards are adequate to ensure a safe work environment.
Familiarity with machining methods and other manufacturing techniques.
Extensive experience applying mechanical engineering principles, practices and formal review procedures.
Working knowledge of Solid Works CAD modeling, assembly manipulation, and FEM modeling skills required to design and evaluate tool designs.
Working knowledge and application of ANSI dimensioning and geometric tolerancing.
Experience with Bill of Materials and change control, and documenting design iterations, and concepts.
BS in engineering discipline
7+ years engineering experience with 3-5 years management experience.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.