|Salary Range:||Based on Experience|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:||Squire & Company, PC|
|Description:||Innovative, fast paced and growing Consumer Products Company is seeking a Controller.
The Controller is responsible for the proper recording and accounting of all financial transactions, including the implementation and maintenance of the accounting/ERP system and the related internal control structure. The Controller is also responsible for the preparation and analysis of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, and related regulatory filings. In addition, the position is responsible for planning, budgeting and financial forecasting and analysis and is also responsible for treasury management. Finally, the Controller will be a member of the management team responsible for implementation of organizational objectives.
The Controller reports directly to Chief Operating Officer of the Company.
Master of Accounting or MBA with Accounting Emphasis Preferred
Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant
Six Plus Years of Total Accounting Experience, with Two Years in a Management Role. At Least Three Years Public Accounting Experience Preferred. Consumer Products Experience Preferred.
Qualified Candidates Should Send a Resume and Cover letter to Sarah Roseborough at SarahR@Squire.com. Write "Consumer Products Company Controller"; in the Subject line of the Email to Sarah.|
- Direct and have responsibility for all accounting records
- Direct and have responsibility for financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Submit required financial statements and reports to federal and other regulatory agencies
- Work closely with third-party accounting firm to facilitate effective tax planning strategies
- Coordinate the completion of the Company’s income, payroll, transaction and property tax compliance reporting with third-party accounting firm
- Establish and maintain internal controls of the Company, insuring internal controls are working efficiently and in accordance with best practices
- Develop and revise as necessary departmental policies and procedures within the framework of established accounting principles and best practices.
- Confer with the executive committee on all aspects of accounting and financial reporting procedures and responsibilities
- Direct the installation, maintenance and operation of the accounting/ERP system.
- Directly supervise data processing, treasurer, procurement, accounting, finance, compliance and assist with technical problem solving as appropriate
- Assist with the preparation of sales forecasts, maintain the inventory tracking system and coordinate with the Operations team to assure that inventory is available when needed.
- Direct the budgeting process, serve on the budget committee and input and review budgets in the accounting system.
- Participate with the International team in the opening and operation of business opportunities in foreign markets.
- Prepare daily and weekly cash sources and needs analysis.
- Review various financing options and prepare suggestions to the executive committee for long-term financing needs.
- Proactively prepare trend analysis models using various economic tools, and other industry indicators to adequately detect trends, downturns, and cycles and make recommendations to the executive committee as to appropriate management of budgets and cash.
- Conduct research relevant to financial and market issues.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc analyses and reports related to existing or prospective business opportunities and projects. These analyses and reports include:
- Creation of financial models that facilitate project evaluation, as well as presentation to prospective partners and others for proposal and educational purposes.
- Comparisons and analysis of various financial metrics related to existing and prospective projects.
- Financial dashboard reporting and daily project status and performance reporting.
- Prepare and keep current a 12 month rolling forecast of revenue sources and cash needs.
- Become familiar with and implement the objectives of the strategic plan of the Company.
|Qualifications:||The Controller will have the following qualifications: (i) possess excellent management and supervisory skills, (ii) work well with others and have excellent problem solving capabilities, (iii) ability to resolve and work through conflicts, (iv) perform a variety of complex accounting, and cash control techniques, (v) possess computer and accounting software implementation and operation skills, (vi) effectively manage others, (vii) understand cash management policies and analysis (viii) knowledge of the planning and budgeting process, (ix) must be able to forecast sales and the resulting timing of purchases to keep inventories at a minimum, (x) must be able to perform mathematical computations rapidly and accurately, including financial modeling (xi) must have strong presentation and communication skills, (xii) must understand strong internal control systems (xiii) must have excellent understanding of general ledger accounting, (xiii) must have excellent financial reporting skills and understand regulatory reporting requirements, (xiv) must have a good understanding of various financing techniques and options.
Additional Skills and Knowledge Required
Excellent Computer skills – Including:
Mid to large tier ERP systems
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent organization skills
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.