Nurse Practitioner, Utah Licensed, Cardiology
|Location:||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Salary Range:||$ 73,507 - 102,960 |
|Benefits:||Strong benefit package including retirement and health plan options.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:||University of Utah|
|Description:||The Division of Cardiology is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to work on our team. The ideal candidate is someone who has been practicing as a Nurse Practitioner for at least one year and who has experience with cardiac patients.|
In this position, the individual will be involved with an interdisciplinary team consisting of attending physicians, fellows, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, medical assistants and other staff to coordinate the care of individuals with advanced heart failure and patients with heart transplant and mechanical assist devices (LVADs). The individual will have responsibilities on both the outpatient and inpatient service. Outpatient responsibilities will predominate, however the exact division of time may change.
University of Utah Job ID#PRN03521B
|Duties:||1. Outpatient clinics in the Cardiovascular Center at the University Hospital or at a University of Utah Community/Outreach Clinic: The individual will have regularly scheduled clinics, in association attending physicians. In addition, the individual may be asked to see urgent or add-on patients at other times. The individual will perform H+Ps and consultations on these patients as appropriate. The patient encounters will typically be staffed by the attending physician. On occasion, the individual may be asked to see patients on his/her own. The individual will be responsible to follow-up on results of tests ordered, and to communicate any changes in plan to patients. The individual will be responsible to promptly respond to any phone or e-mail inquiries from patients.|
2. Outpatient clinics at remote sites: The individual will be asked to accompany other members of the interdisciplinary team to perform H&Ps and consultations on outpatients at remote sites, both within Utah and in other nearby states. Generally, these outreach trips involve travel on a commercial aircraft.
3. Inpatient consults: The individual will be asked to perform consultations on inpatients or observation patients at University Hospital or Huntsman Hospital on a routine, urgent, or emergent basis. The individual will also participate in the follow-up of these patients during their hospital stay.
4. Orders: The individual will become capable of entering orders for inpatients and outpatients using CPOE systems.
5. Procedures: The individual will be asked to consent patients for invasive procedures. He or she will become familiar with the nature, expected outcomes, and risks of commonly performed procedures.
6. Documentation: For all patient encounters, the individual will be asked to generate documentation to support the appropriate level of E+M billing. The individual will become expert at providing sufficient documentation to support appropriate billing.
7. Conferences: The individual will regularly attend Cardiology conferences as appropriate and as directed.
8. Research: The individual will assist in identifying patients for clinical research projects and play a supportive role in clinical research activities.
9. Administrative: The individual will take on administrative and committee responsibilities as directed.
10. Weekends: The individual will be required to round on advanced heart failure inpatients on selected weekend mornings.
11. Pager and cell phone: The individual will carry both pager and cell phone during regular working hours and promptly respond to calls.
|Qualifications:||Licensure to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Utah. Nationally certified as a Nurse Practitioner as required under State Law. Certification in ACLS/BLS/NRP/ATLS may be required by your department or by privileging criteria. Demonstrated clinical competence and in-depth knowledge of specialty area; and demonstrated leadership, teaching, research and communication skills are required.|
At least one year of experience as a nurse practitioner. Experience with advanced heart failure and patients with heart transplant and mechanical assist devices (LVADs) is recommended and preferred.
TO APPLY, VISIT:
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.