|Location:||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Salary Range:||$47,133 |
|Benefits:||Strong benefit package including retirement and health plan options.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:||University of Utah|
|Description:||Pediatric Medical Genetics in the University of Utah, School of Medicine has an immediate opening for a Metabolic Dietitian. Must be a Registered Dietician with the American Dietetic Association. Will provide comprehensive nutrition services for patients with inborn errors of metabolism through clinical practice, education, advocacy, and research. If you are interested in becoming part of a team whose mission is to improve the lives of children, we invite you to consider this opportunity.|
The University of Utah offers a great benefits package, wellness program, and competitive salary commensurate with experience. It fosters a family friendly environment, a focus on both work and play, and is within easy access of UTA & TRAX transportation (pass paid for by the University). Mutual respect and appreciation are highly valued within the Pediatric Genetics Division.
|Duties:||• Provide nutrition therapy for patients with inborn errors of metabolism utilizing ongoing laboratory data, food records, and growth patterns as the basis for determining dietary recommendations. |
• Interpret medical, laboratory and dietary parameters to calculate prescriptions for special diets and medical foods.
• Maintain records of patients’ dietary prescriptions, analyses, growth and nutritional status, and education/counseling sessions.
• Participate as an interdisciplinary team member of the Metabolic Team.
• Provide consultative services to outside agencies and physicians for patients who are hospitalized or have special medical needs (e.g., MPKU) in conjunction with the medical director of the clinic.
• Provide patient education (for patients of the Metabolic Clinic) on both an inpatient and outpatient service basis and develop new approaches for educating patients and families.
• Participate in division-based research and quality improvement projects.
• Teach nutrition, nursing, genetic counseling, and medical students, and residents about diet therapy of genetic metabolic disorders.
• Develop liaisons with the Utah Department of Health, Newborn Screening Program, ARUP, IPAD, and pharmaceutical companies.
• Analyze diets for research and clinical studies using MetabolicPro and Food Processor diet analysis software.
|Qualifications:||Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition Science or a related field, or equivalency; two years of clinical/practical experience; demonstrated human relation, computer literacy, and effective communication skills; and completion of a hospital provided supervisory training program within the first year of employment required. The incumbent must be a Registered Dietician with the American Dietetic Association; and possess current certification with the State of Utah or obtain certification within one month of employment. ADA Certification in a specific area of specialization may be preferred.|
TO APPLY, VISIT:
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.