Sr. Developer Mobile Apps
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Control4 has a team focused on developing the next generation Home Automation products. We are looking for candidates that thrive in a startup like environment that enjoy building things from the ground up, and that really want to see their mark on the products. One of the first open positions is for an Android/iOS Developer.|
|Duties:||ITEMIZED DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:|
* Design, build and test mobile apps using the Android SDK and iOS SDK for various interfaces including phones and tablets.
* Write and execute unit tests for written code.
* Contribute to architecture discussions and technical documentation.
* Leading interaction design throughout the entire product lifecycle, from initial explorations through final design deliverables such as use cases, task flows, user interface elements, and prototypes.
* Translating usability and field research findings into design improvements.
* Practice various interface design visualization techniques such as personas, concept models, process diagrams, use-case models, mood boards, storyboards, wireframes, functional specifications, site maps, etc.
* Being accountable for the user interaction model, workflows, information architecture, schematics, and interface guidelines.
* Collaborating with product management and engineering to ensure smooth implementation throughout the product lifecycle.
* Communicating design strategy and rationale to key stakeholders.
* Contributing to a culture of innovation and teamwork.
NEEDED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Experience with XML, TCP-IP socket communication, XML parsing, web services in Mobile environments.
* Experience designing user interfaces for wireless touch screen devices, mobile phones, or kiosks in the consumer electronics field or related.
* Strong empathic skills--understands how and why an interface succeeds or fails and can spot likely problems in flow, layout, copy or presentation before they go into production.
* Values strong visual design and pays fanatical attention to the details that make the difference between a mundane and a delightful user experience.
* Able to quickly understand the constraints in a design problem, identify the tradeoffs and then communicate them to team.
* Ability to create testable paper prototypes and high-fidelity static prototypes.
* Self-starter who can work independently, as well as in teams that span multiple functions and/or departments.
* Ability to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
* BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Computer-related Design, Computer Science, or equivalent.
* 1+ year of hands-on Mobile App development.
* A proven record of App development in both the Apple and Android mobile markets.
* Experience with the iOS/Android UI Layout, Database, Multi-Threaded, and Android Framework.
* Experience with UI and OO design and development.
* Strong communication (verbal and written) and team skills in small agile development groups.
* At least 5 years of experience as a key member of a design team participating in the complete product development life-cycle of successfully launched consumer and business software products.
* Deep understanding of Human Behavioral Sciences demonstrable by current experience, training, or course-work.
* Strong analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.