Quality Assurance Assistant - Eye Bank
|Location:||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Salary Range:||$12.02 to $21.63/hr DOE |
|Benefits:||Strong benefit package including retirement and health plan options.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:||University of Utah|
|Description:||The John A. Moran Eye Center is committed to excellence in vision care and research. It is our expectation that members of our team consistently strive to deliver world-class service, adhere to the highest standards, and exceed the expectations of our patients and guests every time they visit or contact us.|
The Quality Assurance Assistant is responsible for assisting the Quality Assurance Manager maintain requirements for the Utah Lions Eye Bank as set forth by the Eye Bank Association of America (EBAA) and the Food & Drug Administration (FDA). Understanding and supporting the Quality Assurance Manager in ensuring these requirements are met is essential in preserving the eye bank’s EBAA accreditation status and ensuring compliance with all EBAA Medical Standards and FDA regulations.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN03322B
|Duties:||Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:|
- Understand all federal regulations which apply to the eye bank.
- Ensures compliance with Eye Bank Association of America’s (EBAA) Medical Standards.
- Maintain compliance with Federal HIPAA regulations and complete annual HIPAA training.
- Complete annual eduCAT.
- Assists the Quality Assurance Manager perform monthly chart audits.
- Performs monthly laboratory duties as assigned.
- Conducts monthly inventory control and ordering.
- Assists with the review of Office of the Medical Examiner (OME) Autopsy reports.
|Qualifications:||Associate’s degree in a related field, or equivalency, plus two years of related experience required; ability to use logic and reasoning to prioritize tasks; computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet software, and/or database software preferred; demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required.|
- Prefer one year experience in eye, organ, and tissue banking.
- Optional: Certification as an Eye Bank Technician by the Eye Bank Association of America.
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet software, and/or database software preferred.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND TO APPLY ONLINE, VISIT:
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.